Thursday, January 21, 2010

My Holidays with Scouts Part 1

Since last time while I'm still a junior, many seniors/rovers says that 'everything you experience here will be a nice a sweet memories when u grown up'. Right now, I totally agree this line of words, cause it's true. So juniors, spend more time with scout. *haha*


Open Day Preparation
Open Day preparation is always one of the main event at beginning of the year, cause it requires lots of preparation, strength, time, materials n etc. While I plan to visit my lovely juniors, suddenly one of them tell me that there'll be a one day holiday for them before school reopens on sunday. "walao" is the word that pop up in my mind, what the heck are they doing?? Arghh

As days pass by, I finally got chance to visit them at school during Friday and Saturday, which is just 2 days before the grand Open Day of the year. Just as I step inside there, one major thing came into my mind: 2 days before Open Day, which does not look like it. Looks more like one week before Open Day. Not be sound bitchy or anything, these bunch of people are such are failure without the help from Rover N. As I ask around, it seems like Rover N is the one who more planning than they do.

Things that I saw is as below...
1. No one salute to the committees/ rovers
2. 4/5 people doing 1 person's job
3. Working speed is about 5 times slower than last time
4. Knots (Ikatan) are loose n hideous
5. Members are so relax

There's still much more I can say, but I guess it's pointless as they'll just ignore you. U know y? They never get punish. No pumping, no star-jump, NO DISCIPLINE at all. As a DM last time, I'm totally disappointed. On top of that, the Form 4/5 are just so relax as a committee themselves. Came to school but do other clubs stuff. OMG, I'm totally fire-up when I saw such situation. Sigh~~ Hope God bless so that this uniform body wont go down n off.

Scout Night
One of the event that I've never join. However, I think its a good plan n night as it really does help for a better future, for both the scouts and parents. Last time, parents never understand why we just love to join activities, and this event does help to explain why. From their response, I guess parents finally can understand why and will allow their kids to join activities more often.

I gotta say, I'm impressed of the progress and everything that occur for this event. Totally a different thing from Open Day preparation. I guess that's what happen when Rover N is the one who do all the planning, and almost all of the preparation. I think the trend change now. Let's just assume this event occurs around 10 years ago. F4/5 will be the main planner and the organizer, while Rover N are just giving advice. But now, what happen??!! Rover N is the planner, while F4/5 is only the helper. *yaiks* I'm really speechless, and wonder who could help them??

No comments:

Post a Comment