Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Study- for better understanding or better results?

As I was chatting, suddenly, this sentence came into my " studying is for better understanding or better results?" Phooff. Then i look back at my mid term results, looks like i'm currently studying for better results, only small part for better understanding.

For example Principles of Microeconomics. While studying in foundation, I knew that it is not going to be easy, but still I don't pay attention on it, as I thought I could do well for this paper. And well, I pay for it, where I only score a little bit more than half for the mid term test during foundation. As the subject goes on with tougher topic, I totally have no idea what economics is about. Ooo yeah, cause me to get only C+ in the finals. What you call it? Retribution. Sigh~~

From all the lesson learnt from foundation year, I knew that at UTAR, you have to study hard to achieve good results. Haih~~, studying so much will sure make me become a NOOB, which does not suit my personality at all. But what to do?? However, my effort pay off well as I no longer fooling around like I used to, and today I get my marks for mid term test 2. Thank God. I score quite high, instead, I score better than I expected, which is 45.5 / 50. Not bad right? I'm also quite proud of myself.

Adding with mid term test 1, which is 88/100, my total coursework mark for is 35.6/40. Never expect to get so high. But still, I think nobody will expect me to score that high. hehehehe (too happy). Still, there are some friends that did not score well because they don't study well or maybe they could not understand. I can sense that, so I did not act like a fool who tell others how high is my coursemarks, cause I know how they feel. Keeping a low profile is also something that I have learnt, it's quite a good thing cause they won't pay much attention on you, especially when you need to be alone.

Somehow, I feel that human is always a greedy creature. If you did not score high, just make an effort to score higher marks next time. And uhm.... some just like to perli people of scoring high marks, although they are just showing they are jealous and not satisfied with own results, I feel like this kind of action is totally unacceptable. Come on, what for being like that? Just score higher marks to satisfy yourself is the best solution.

Another human nature. haih~~~~~ Still, I think that study is just for better results to make your result slip nicer and also satisfy yourselves. What's the point anyway, if you score high and cannot contribute it when you are working next time? sigh~~ Let it be. Nicer result slip will get you a better job anyway.

Well, it's time to study. Signing off looooo......

No comments:

Post a Comment